– When staying in Sydney, Australia, you can’t get much better than a vacation at the Shangri-La Sydney. Overlooking the legendary Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, the Shangri-La Sydney brings the classic luxury and unparalleled service one would expect to the Australian shoreline.
Shangri-La Sydney boasts amazing rooms and suites, and they all come with the luxury and elegance you would expect from a Shangri-La hotel. Large bathrooms are always a high priority on our list, and this famed hotel has huge marble bathrooms. If you can manage, book a suite – they’re enormous with floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing the beauty of the city and ocean.
Contemporary Australian cuisine is a must at the Shangri-La Sydney, specially created at the award-winning Altitude Restaurant. The floor-to-ceiling windows means you will have fantastic views to feast on at the same time – it’s ok, staring in this case would be totally polite. Blu Bar on 36 is one of the best locations around the globe to enjoy a cocktail. Located on the 36th floor of the hotel, this bar offers some of the best views one could imagine – the view of Sydney Harbour at night is hard to beat.
How to get there
– Just 30 minutes from the Sydney Airport (SYD), a taxi will cost you about AUD 50, or ask the hotel to arrange for a private transfer.View Hotel on Map
- Fitness Center
- Meeting/Event Venue
- Spa/Spa Services
- Swimming pool(s)
- 24-Hour Room Service
- Front Desk
Affiliation + Awards
• Travel + Leisure: T+L 500 (USA), 2010
• Travel + Leisure: World's Best Awards (USA), 2009
• Conde Nast Traveller: Readers Travel Awards (UK), 2009
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
176 Cumberland Street